Seeking several FULL-TIME Production Supervisors (Job ID: 211001225) in Boulder Colorado.
As a global, $10+ billion healthcare products leader, Covidien delivers outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to Production Team Leaders (PTL’s) and other production personnel. Facilitate staff meetings; 1:1 with direct reports; weekly pocket meetings; and monthly safety/quality meetings.
- Responsible for on-going training and development of subordinates including written performance appraisals, Rewards and Recognition program participation, employee coaching and counseling, Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and disciplinary actions.
- Interviews, hires and directs training of new production personnel. This includes appropriate short and long-term staffing analysis:
- Capacity planning and escalation process.
- Supervisory support of weekend staff overtime – potential to be on-site on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Value Stream owners – drive improvements within Value Streams through the use of available data.
- Spend 20-25% of time on the Manufacturing Floor including, but not limited to:
- Pass-down meetings for start, middle and end of shifts.
- Lead trouble-shooting efforts for urgent issues
- Direct involvement in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Communication board meetings
- to see the full job offer click here