0700-0800: OPEN FORUM.
We'll discuss current business news, general topics, personal updates, and your networking questions or requests for assistance.
During the roundtable introductions, tell us about your current professional or personal focus, especially any networking needs. Chances are good that someone in the group will have advice, contacts, referrals, or recommendations. Even if you don't have immediate networking needs, come join us on Tuesday for the interesting discussions and long-term networking value.
2. UPCOMING TUESDAY PROGRAMS:
10/2/12 (this week): Open Forum.
10/9/12: TBD or Open Forum. If you'd like to invite a speaker or lead a discussion on this date or any future Tuesday, just let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. JOB OPPORTUNITY - Wind Manager:
Thanks to Bob Fretzs (USAFA '71) for passing along this item from a job-seekers forum in his network.
Kingspan Environmental, part of the Kingspan Group PLC, is looking to recruit a Wind Sales Manager for the North American market. Kingspan Environmental have been operating and established in North America since 2009 selling complete residential and commercial solar thermal systems. With Kingspan recently moving I to the small wind sector, an exciting role has emerged to lead the development of Kingspan’s wind business in North America.
General Accountability Statement
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Kingspan Environmenatl North America, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all sales, business development and marketing functions in connection with Kingspan Wind product range within the United States, Canada and Caribbean.
In addition, the successful candidate will supply engineering support services and technical customer service for the company’s wind products. As Wind Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing sales for Kingspan Wind in the North American region, developing strategic partnerships with key distributors, integrators/installers and other potential customers.
Essential Functions of the Position
On a daily basis, the successful candidate will be required to perform the following essential functions:
· Oversee implementation of sales and marketing projects necessary to support and enhance Kingspan Wind’s customer service and technical sales support activities;
· Introduce new strategic marketing metrics and business development models to Kingspan Wind
· Coordinate with engineering and production departments within Kingspan Renewables Ltd. to ensure that they are aware of sales and customer services priorities and provide meaningful feedback to facilitate Kingspan Wind’s business development plans in the Region;
· Provide leadership on new business development and market penetration models in the Region, for Kingspan Wind’s existing and new product offerings;
· Solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers, making sure the Company’s Wind products and their related components can be produced reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
· Apply technical performance and materials engineering data related to Kingspan Wind’s product systems and their related components, during the development of “fit for purpose” project solutions for commercial and industrial customers in the Region;
· Manage escalated customer service problems, including coordinating the activities of customer support technicians and all other internal resources needed to resolve customer service issues.
In order to be eligible for this position, a candidate must possess each of the following at the time of application:
• BS degree in a sales, business or engineering field.
• No less than three (3) years' experience in an engineering, sales & marketing, or technical customer service setting, involving Wind energy or within the construction/building products manufacturing sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with marketing and business development metrics and will market penetration, business development and strategic marketing models.
4. JOB OPPORTUNITY - Project Engineer:
Thanks to Lindy Blackburn (USMA '69) for passing along this opportunity. If interested in this position, please contact Craig Johnson, Founder/President of Summit Resource Group, at 303-808-4416 or email@example.com.
A Denver based provider of on-demand cloud-based communications services to service providers and enterprises has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer.
Position Overview – Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is an industry knowledgeable in traditional telephony and VoIP applications. The Project Engineer will be responsible for: 1) translating new product requirements into engineering and operating requirements, 2) producing Engineering designs, 3) conducting proof-of-concept tests, 4) working with the Operations team to conduct Alpha and Beta tests, 5) preparing technical documentation and associated training materials to facilitate the production handoff to Operations, 6) establishing network standards,7) engineering on Broadsoft and future switching systems and 8) new technology evaluation.
§ Product development lifecycle execution – 60%
§ Standards development and review – 10%
§ Technology Evaluation, Selection, Implementation, and Integration – 10%
§ Vendor Relationship Management – 10%
§ Network Design – 10%
GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
§ 5 or more years of direct hands-on experience, designing and implementing Engineering solutions for telecommunications products, Broadsoft a plus
§ 5 or more years of direct experience, working on a variety of complex technical assignments
§ Proven track-record for successfully solving mission critical technical problems in startup-paced business environments
§ Project management, interpersonal, communications skills and highly disciplined.
§ Polished oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal staff regardless of their backgrounds and abilities to comprehend complex technical content
§ Very highly motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
§ Will be working closely with Engineering team to come up to speed on technology and processes.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Skill Skill Level
Requirements Analysis 4
Switching Systems 3
Engineering Design 3
Standards Development 5
Operations Support 4
VoIP (SIP, ENUM, RTP) 4
5 = Master, 4 = Perform without assistance, 3 = Perform with assistance, 2 = Knowledge of, 1 = No knowledge of)
BS/MS or equivalent work experience
Have a great week.
Joe Paniccia (USMA '84)
Service Academy BizNet of Denver meets weekly on Tuesdays at 0700, in the Marriott Hotel at the Denver Tech Center. From I-25, exit Belleview east, then turn north onto Syracuse Street. The Marriott lots are paid parking (approx $2-4), however you can park for FREE across the street at Garcia's Restaurant (we have their permission). Look for us in the seating area inside the Marriott's coffee shop. RSVP is not required. Dress is casual. Attendance is open to graduates of the federal service academies (USAFA, USCGA, USMA, USMMA, USNA). Our schedule, roster and other information are posted on the web site at http://www.academybiznet.org/.