SeedPaths Tech Training Fact Sheet for April 7th 2014 class
Our Goal: Help young adults (16-30 years old) gain meaningful, career-focused employment in the IT industry with a wage of at least $16/hr.
Our Participants: Primarily WIA Youth, but also WIA Adults, Veterans and others who have an interest in employment in the IT Industry. The course material is designed for 16-30 year olds.
Career Paths: Software & Web Development, Quality Assurance & Testing, Sales & Marketing and Customer Service
Certification: Certified SCRUM Master Designation (Industry Recognized Certification)
Prerequisites: High School Diploma or GED, passion for employment in the IT industry and a willingness to do whatever it takes to learn. Prior web development experience is a plus. Computers and software provided.
Dates: April 7th – May 30th (3rd class starts June 16th)
Location: 929 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
Info sessions: Every Tuesday (10am-noon) & Thursday (1pm-3pm) in March. Must RSVP (below) Application Deadline: March 28th, 2014
Cost: $6,000 – possible financial assistance and scholarships available to those who qualify (100% of our first class got full-ride scholarships and were paid $1,000 to learn how to code)
Incentives: Life-changing skills, $1,000 cash, RTD Pass, two healthy snacks & lunch daily, industry-recognized certification, daily yoga and speed-agility workout and a direct avenue to employment in the IT industry.
How you can help: We need help finding eligible participants for our program. WIA programs, community partners, non-profits, schools, transition programs and mentoring programs might have the best applicants. Please have them apply at the link below for the first step.
Why SeedPaths? Our mission is to increase the number of technologists in the IT talent pipeline while increasing graduation rates at local high schools. Our team is ridiculously passionate about fixing these massive problems. SeedPaths has an IT recruiting business to help its students become employed after course completion. Our long-term goal is to expand to 10 cities and train 10,000 young adults every year across the US! Please help us reach our goal by getting students in our class! All details, including an online application can be found at www.seedpaths.com. To RSVP for an info session, please email Patrick at email@example.com.
SeedPaths’ Ideal Participants
- Age 16-30
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with computers and/or web development a huge plus
- Candidates are committed to getting employed in the IT industry
- Youth ages 16-21
- Adult ages 22-30 years old
- May have a minimum income level
- May have a barrier to employment
- *If ineligible for funding, payment plans exist
- Passion for learning
- Self Motivation
Step 1: Apply to the program at http://seedpaths.com/development-program-application
Step 2: Attend an info session at our location – 929 Broadway - Denver
- These will be held every Tuesday & Thursday in March. Tuesday sessions will be held from 10:00 am-12:00 pm and Thursday sessions from 1:00-3:00 pm. Email Patrick to RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: A welcome packet from SeedPaths will be sent which will include:
- Contract & expectations explained (to be signed)
- Informational survey to collect important personal information
- W9 form
- Release forms (media & liability)
- Pre-work assignments that include, but are not limited to:
- Activities on CodeAcademy.com
- Readings pertinent to the start of class
- Typing Tests