Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Wings Over the Rockies seeks a Director of Development to become a key part of its leadership team. Colorado's Official Air and Space Museum advances a mission of "inspiration and education through flight" with growing numbers veterans, families and young people. A Wings for Tomorrow master plan calls for continuing growth in exhibitions, educational programs and special events; a capital campaign to develop a two site institution at the former Lowry Field and Centennial Airport; and research for a potential aerospace charter school. This is an opportunity to develop a full repertoire of development programs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and grow with an institution on the threshold of entering the ranks of America's finest air and space museums.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Fundraising -- Establish goals with funding sources and enlists support from staff. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to institutional donors. Research public and private grant sources to identify priorities for restricted and unrestricted funding. Organize individual donor campaign. Conduct solicitation for ongoing support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
2. Major Gift/Donor Support -- Produce major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials to recruit, retain and upgrade gifts as appropriate. Cultivate donors with specialized communications, events and special activities.
3. Database and Records Management -- Develop and maintain system of records, acknowledgments, reminders, reports and data for prospects and donors for all development programs. Maintain appropriate security and quality controls.
4. Communications and Public Relations -- Plan and execute most development and public affairs matters, including various communications such as the annual report, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, grants and related website content.
5. Planned Giving Program -- Develop "Fellowship of the Wing" program into wills program. Conduct periodic seminars and communications, and solicit commitments when appropriate. Track progress of pending and completed gifts.
6. Financial Reporting -- Work with Controller to maintain accurate accounting of all income and sources.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Minimum five years of fundraising, sales or business development experience in a service industry or with a nonprofit organization
Well-organized, with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
High energy, "can do" attitude, with flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail and initiative
Experience with senior level executives in corporate environments
Proven track record of achieving sales or revenue goals
Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
Computer literacy, with fundraising database experience preferred
Experience and/or personal interest in aviation and space
Interested candidates should send a resume, letter of application and salary history to Greg Anderson, President/CEO of Wings Over the Rockies, 7711 E. Academy Blvd., Denver CO 80230. Email: email@example.com