0700-0720: INTRODUCTIONS & ASSISTANCE.
Tell us a bit about yourself and any networking needs. We'll do our best to help with advice, referrals, job search assistance, and other networking needs.
Chris Grimes will discuss retirement planning and related topics. He is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and partner of Bob Fretzs (USAFA '71) at New York Life. Chris now handles Bob's life insurance and financial investment advisory accounts, while Bob focuses on health care insurance.
I have found my calling in serving professionals, business owners, and families. Through a sound macro, holistic planning process I deliver strategic and focused financial plans unique to the industry. Rooted in my planning is helping to educate clients about smart tax saving* methodologies, while maintaining risk diversified portfolio allocations to ensure an absolute balance in preparation for eventual retirement income concepts.
My background includes graduating from the University of Colorado at Denver with a B.S. in Financial Management, Magna Cum Laude. I have 10 years experience working in financial planning roles and am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ Practitioner.
I live in southwest Denver with my wife of 7 years Brier, our 2 year old daughter Jocelyn, our new daughter Rowyn.
Chris's Topic for Tuesday:
When should I retire? When and how should I take an income from a retirement account? When should I take Social Security? Which pension option to take? All of these are common questions from people as they approach a time in their lives when working becomes an option instead of a necessity. However, all of these questions when looked at independent of the others have very different answers than if all the questions are taken into consideration mutually. Chris J. Grimes, CFP® has 10 years of industry experience in helping people maneuver their position efficiently toward retirement and he will be discussing key points to remember when balancing all of the choices with all of the rules.
Thanks to Kurt Schlaefer (USAFA '70) and Bob Fretzs (USAFA '71) for arranging to have Chris speak with us this week.
2. SPEAKER SCHEDULE:
4/21/15 (this week): Chris Grimes - see above.
4/28/15: TBD or Open Forum Networking. This date is available for a speaker.
5/5/15: Kurt Schlaefer (USAFA '70) will give an Auto Industry Update. Kurt is an independent vehicle broker with Centennial Leasing & Sales.
If there's a speaker you'd like to schedule for 4/28 or any future Tuesday, just send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that the speaker can be yourself -- just pick a topic of interest and lead a discussion on it.
3. JOB OPPORTUNITY - War Planner/Operations Manager
If you or someone you know is interested in the opportunity described below, contact Dr. Charles (Bill) Kenny, President, Code Blue Strategies, 4759 Rabbit Mountain Road, Broomfield, CO 80020 or by phone at 207.409.6075 or by email - email@example.com
An employment opportunity exists for the following:
Based at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Commencing 1 June 2015
A two-year contract opportunity exists for an experienced war planner/operations manager with U.S. military experience. Frequent travel (about 40%) is required to Geneva, Switzerland; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Brussels, Belgium; and Amman, Jordan.
- Must have at least 8 years U.S. military officer experience and be a graduate of their services’ Command and Staff College
- Must currently hold or have held a Top Secret/SCI Clearance within the past 18 months.
- Must be available for short notice travel.
- Must have a Master Degree in Operations Management, Organizational Leadership, or Business Management. If the degree is an MBA, the applicant must have an Advanced Certificate in Project Management from the Program Management Institute or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in Arabic, German, or Farsi
- Must have a current U.S. Passport with at an expiration date of not earlier than 30 June 2017
- Be a graduate of a U.S. services War College
- Experience as a Commander in a U.S. Military Branch of Service
Pay and Benefits:
- This is a salaried position paying $94,500 per year for a two-year contract period with a 23% ala-carte benefit package.
- Per Diem will be paid for all days outside from the United States at the rate of 150 U.S. Dollars per day and $100 per day for travel within the United States. All travel expenses will be paid by the employer.
- Bonus of $18,500 per year for applicant who speaks fluent Farsi.
Special Note: This is a two-year contract offer. Applicants must sign a contract to serve in the position for the entire two years from 1 June 2015 through 30 June 2017.
For More Information, contact Dr. Charles (Bill) Kenny, President, Code Blue Strategies, 4759 Rabbit Mountain Road, Broomfield, CO 80020 or by phone at 207.409.6075.
Have a great week.
Joe Paniccia (USMA '84)
Service Academy BizNet of Denver meets weekly on Tuesdays at 0700, in the Marriott Hotel at the Denver Tech Center. From I-25, exit Belleview east, then turn north onto Syracuse Street. The Marriott lots are paid parking (approx $2-4), however you can park for FREE across the street at Garcia's Restaurant (we have their permission). Look for us in the seating area inside the Marriott's coffee shop. RSVP is not required. Dress is casual. Attendance is open to graduates of the federal service academies (USAFA, USCGA, USMA, USMMA, USNA). There are no dues or fees. Our schedule, roster and other information are posted at www.academybiznet.org.