Eric Brown (USNA '95) recently retired from the Marine Corps and is now conducting a search for his next opportunity. Please see his resume below. If you can offer advice, contacts, referrals, or other assistance with his job search, please contact him directly at email@example.com.
He's looking in the Denver Metro Area, for a leadership role in Aerospace, IT Management, Program/Project Management, or similar roles.
ERIC C. BROWN, MBA, PMP
, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 ( 910.546.7203 * firstname.lastname@example.org 8 www.linkedin.com/in/ericcbrown1
Proven Leader and Skilled Problem Solver with verifiable Program Manager Experience
Over 20 years of strong management skills and operational excellence at all levels of decision making and problem solving. Proven leader exhibiting excellent moral and ethical judgment. Results-oriented experience in assessing, developing & implementing policies and procedures, planning, orchestrating operations, tests, and provide over sight of projects and programs. Recognized organizational and team building skills that led to selection as the Operational Test manager for Marine Corps aviation acquisition programs.
- Marine Corps Aviation Officer (Active Top Secret Clearance, SCI), defense industry experience
- PMP Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) #4488808
- Program Management / Test & Evaluation, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)
- 20+ years Tiltrotor, Rotary Wing & Fixed Wing Military Aviation Experience with over 3400 flight hours
- 15+ years Program / Project Management Experience, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Experience managing large budgets ($14.5M+) and cost management (savings of $32M+)
- Experience Leading, Motivating, Mentoring & Coaching multi-functional & dispersed teams (200+)
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts & draws valid conclusions ($100M+ loss prevention)
- Excellent presentation & communication skills, business leader engager & team building expert
- Excellent knowledge of project management methods & how to develop solutions to problems
- Skilled at risk management, conflict resolution & working in waterfall or agile development environments
- MS Project trained, familiar with IT infrastructure & Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
þ Executive Level Management
þ Program / Project Planning & Management
þ Finance / Business Management
þ Process Improvement
þ Team / Partnership Building
þ Risk Management
Commander Operational Test and Evaluation Forces - Norfolk, VA 2013–Current
COMOPTEVFOR is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Navy’s Operational Test and Evaluation Forces (1,500+), providing evaluation of effectiveness & suitability of systems, supporting Department of Defense acquisition decisions.
Program Management: Senior Manager for Marine Corps Aviation Test Programs
- Manage, provide oversight & coordination of Marine Corps Aviation Acquisition Test Programs of $11M-$18B (MV-22, CH-53, H-1s & VH-92), budgets of $14.5M+, leads cross-functional teams in test design, planning, execution, & reporting of 4 programs & 9 milestone driven complex projects delivered on time & within budget
- Critical thinking, technical writing of complex schedules, eliminated redundancy, maintained value, resulted in 30 day schedule reduction, cost savings of $32M for the Presidential Lift Replacement Aircraft (VH-92)
- Self starter, conceived & championed an integrated test strategy for an innovative Air Collision Avoidance system on the MV-22 Osprey, reduced project schedule by 6 months, proactive saving of $2.5M in resources
- Negotiated resources, developed multi-year contract statements of work, supporting business strategies, executed proposal evaluation boards on contracts of $8M+, ensuring product delivery on time & within budget
Marine Operational Test & Evaluation Squadron 22 - Jacksonville, NC 2007–2010, 2012–2013
VMX-22 is the USMC Operational Test & Evaluation Squadron for new aircraft, Project Chartered to address future requirements, innovation and procedures, sponsor aviation issues and concepts of employment.
Operational Test Director, Director of Maintenance, Director of Operations
- Senior Manager for technical & non-technical projects for hardware, software & process improvements with successful product releases in an Agile & Waterfall environments; developed 70 and prioritized 500 aircraft software requirements with disparate stakeholders, increasing product effectiveness & availability
- Project Manager of legacy system retirement and data migration to new web-based training & Flight-Hour Tracking Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure technology upgrade, increasing accounting accuracy 5%
- Executive management of daily operations, administration, logistics, and intelligence with a $6M+ annual budget, while reorganizing the departments, resulting in a 20% increase in unit production; and decreased mission expenditures 10% through Lean Principles by tailoring team’s training curriculum
- Leader of 100+ Maintenance Employees, planned and coordinated engineering repair, people management, logistical/supply chain, and quality assurance, accountable of assets valued over $375M
2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Forward - Helmand Province, Afghanistan 2011–2012
The Commanding General of 2nd MAW FWD is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of all USMC aviation in Afghanistan.
Senior Project Manager (Future Operations)
- Decisive leader of multi-functional & dispersed teams in competitive & time sensitive environment, developed requirements, contingencies & resourced 130+ operations, documented & managed schedules, timelines, identified & mitigated risks & collaborated with key stakeholders, 100% successful project completion rate
- Developed partnerships and collaborated with international military partners to innovate and establish helicopter interdiction procedures between the US and UK, increasing operational mission capacity by 10%
- Modernized & standardized the operational project presentations & processes with IT applications development team & cross-functional stakeholders, resulting in effective resource leveling & reduced delivery timeline 15%
- Led narcotics interdiction missions, destroyed $1B+ in illicit materials, disrupting fiscal & logistical sustainment. Flew over 20 combat sorties in the MV-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 162 - Jacksonville, NC 2010 – 2011
VMM-162 is a globally deployable MV-22 Osprey squadron, providing transport of troops, supplies, and equipment.
Executive Officer (2nd in Command / Vice President)
- Executive oversight and functional leadership of 200+ employees and 10 aircraft; accountable for $845M+ portfolio and execution of $10M+ annual operating budgets. Coordinated activities across safety, maintenance, operations, supply chain, and HR/administration
- Team Lead for 50% personnel restructuring project while guaranteeing the product deployment in 50% less time by coordinating activities and programs across organization
- Project Manager for multi-function IT team, from ground up developed & delivered an Information Management Plan in 3 weeks, involving 30+ units, 10,000+ people, 100+ aircraft, $5B in assets across the East Coast
- Developed & implemented change initiatives & business process improvements, guidelines & procedures, resulted in 58 passing & 7 noteworthy programs of 65, validating organizational readiness thru external audit
Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadrons (VMM-266 / VMMT-204) - Jacksonville, NC 2005-2007
VMM-266 is a globally deployable MV-22 Osprey squadrons, providing transport of troops, supplies, and equipment.
VMMT-204 provides training to the USMC & Air Force in the flight and maintenance of the MV-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft.
Aviation Safety Program Manager, Senior Flight Instructor
- Board & hand selected to standup new aviation community & squadrons, devised and supervised an innovative safety program ground up, produced multiple aviation safety products, proactively preventing $100M+ in losses
- Utilizing Root-Cause Analysis & trend analysis, translated complex technical issues into formats and language that customers, engineers and senior management could effectively utilize for aircraft program improvements, experienced Operational Risk Management instructor and aviation incident investigator
- Developed policies, procedures, processes and training for new flight platform, reducing time to train by 7%
Previous work experience includes 1995–2004
Various positions of increasing responsibility & authority in Operations, Tactics, Maintenance Quality Assurance, Administration & Training. Fully qualified Night Systems instructor (NSI), Flight Leadership Standardization Evaluator, Combat Flight Leader, Check Pilot & Instructor Pilot in 3 different type aircraft (MV-22 Osprey, CH-53E & T-34C).
- Aircraft Commander of one of the 1st CH-53Es to land in Qandahar Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom, after 11 September 2001. Flew 59 Operation Enduring Freedom combat sorties.
- Executed Best Practices and Lean Concepts to eliminate training delays, increasing production by 17%
- Developed and implemented the daily management of 16+ aircraft and 55+ aircrew while responsible for the leadership, training, safety and production of direct reports ranging from 3-20+ people
Masters of Science in Business Administration and Management, Boston University
Bachelor of Science, Engineering Core Curriculum, Economics, United States Naval Academy
Project Management Professional (PMP), Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) #4488808
Defense Acquisition University, Program Management Level 2 Certified, T & E Level 1 Certified (Level 2 complete)
Lean Six Sigma
*Active TS / SCI Security Clearance