Senior Program Manager, Warrenville IL
Agile1 is recruiting a Senior Program Manager for one our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Senior Program Manager provides leadership and guidance for all program management team members for Defense projects. This position is accountable for developing and implementing program management products including all required tools and processes. Product programs must be executed to meet all program deliverables including, timing, per unit costs, expenditures, capital investment, function performance, initial and in-use quality, manufacturing requirements, etc. Also, programs must support the strategic growth and profitability objectives of the corporation. Translates customer requirements into actionable work efforts with clear deliverables, schedules, and pricing requirements. Review, accepts or rejects internal and external work plans and estimates for reasonableness and fit with program master schedules. Conducts weekly reviews of cost collection and work package efforts to determine program status and notifies the program manager when variances occur. Coordinates and serves as host for all programmatic and technical reviews to ensure that criteria required for entrance into the next phase of the program are achieved (milestone achievement).
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 10 years of Vehicle Product Development experience
· At least 10 years of Vehicle OEM experience
- At least 5 years of Managerial or Supervisory experience
· Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is desired
· MBA Degree is a plus
· Experience working as a Program Manager for DoD, TACOM, or a Defense contractor is highly desired
· Experience working with markets and cultures outside of North America is strongly desired
· Knowledge of Program planning with emphasis on Work Breakdown Structures, Integrated Master Planning, Integrated Master Scheduling, and Earned Value Management
· Knowledge of Risk management techniques
· Knowledge of budgeting processes
· The ability to travel up to 50% (includes overseas travel) is required for this position.
· US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.)
Submit resume for consideration to Juli Hayes, Director of Recruiting, at email@example.com.