Agile1 is recruiting a Senior Systems Engineer for one of our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Senior Systems Engineer ensures that government specified requirements are translated into derived and implied performance and constraint requirements that form the basis for the physical and functional system architecture and the resultant user product throughout the design and development process. The Senior Systems Engineer manages the design process through Integrated Product Development Teams comprised of Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Logistics, Reliability, Human Factors and Safety and PSH&T Engineers of Navistar, Navistar Defense and subcontractor organizations. The Senior Systems engineer is responsible to ensure products meet customer operability, usability and supportability objectives and that Navistar Defense provides an orderly, well documented audit trail of design analysis and trade decisions. This individual ensures a balanced design is provided for customer approval and that products delivered throughout the design process are commensurate with the exit criteria for individual systems engineering events/reviews to support the Proposed Engineering Change or Systems Improvement.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· At least 6 years of Engineering Design/Systems management experience
- Positive Attitude, Ethics and Values which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 6 years of engineering management experience supporting Body and/or Chassis systems on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Knowledge of Program planning with emphasis on WBS, IMP and IMS, and EVMS
- Knowledge of DoD System Technical Support contracts and associated processes
- Knowledge of Risk management techniques and budgeting processes
- Previous experience integrating RAM, logistics, safety, and MANPRINT requirements with product designs
- The ability to travel up to 40% (includes overseas travel) is required for this position.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.)
Submit resume for consideration to Juli Hayes, Director of Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.