Product Engineer, Engine Calibration, Melrose Park, IL
Agile1 is recruiting a Product Engineer for one of our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Product Engineer will develop and validate the calibration of a diesel engine control system to meet customer needs and legislated requirements, release engine calibrations, and plan and execute engine calibration development testing in laboratory and field (cold, hot, and altitude). Requires in depth knowledge subsystems (air management, fuel, aftertreatment, electronic, combustion) specifications, capabilities, and requirements necessary to meet future calibration requirements. Develops test plans and design of experiments; constructs and writes calibration documentation such as specifications, DVP&R’s, FMEA's, calibration summaries, operation summaries, field service manuals, etc.; and provide summaries and recommendations from testing to Product Engineers. Responsible for creating tasks and charts; managing programs, projects, and presentations; and training the less senior engineers. Involved with and responsible for customer relations with vendors, dealers, and customers. Works with minimum supervision within parameters established by supervisor, and may provide task direction to technicians and others assigned with minimal direction and routine reporting.
· B.S. technical degree with 5 years engineering experience; or M.S. with thesis in core competency; or Ph.D. in general area of core competency without experience
· Positive attitude, ethics, and international values which support the company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Ability to work without a given process; improve current processes.
· Demonstrated Emissions and performance calibration experience on an engine and / or vehicle.
· Experience with emissions measuring equipment and dynamometer testing facilities.
· Expert in ETAS/INCA or other calibration tool.
· Control systems: Understanding of interactions with hardware and subroutines; provide design improvements.
· Proficiency in MS Windows, Word and Excel, MatLab.
· Confidence in conclusions and recommendations.
· Ability to mentor less experienced engineers.
· Experience or knowledge of emission certification process (US EPA or Euro TUV)
· Experience with prototype controls platform (D-space or other)
· Hands-on mechanical aptitude
· Open to travel 10-50%
· Willingness and ability to acquire a Commercial Driver's License for the purpose of driving engineering test vehicles
· Customer Focus
· Self Development
· Productive Work Habits
Submit resume for consideration to Nicholas Wion at email@example.com.