Commodities Manager, Warrenville, IL
Agile1 is recruiting a Commodities Manager for one our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Commodities Manager uses expertise in Steel, Resins, and Plastics to help internal clients find cost savings with external vendors. This position requires the use of knowledge to help simplify and rationalize the catalog of existing resins materials and specifications through working with the internal engineering teams and vendors. The Commodities Manager will use negotiation experience with both internal and external clients to implement cost reductions.
- In the first 30 days, the Commodities Manager will be expected to conduct a "deep dive" diagnostic of the currently used resins and plastics, including centralized rationalization, material rationalization, technical discussions with engineering and purchasing teams, and assisting with informed decisions.
- Within 60 days, the Commodities Manager should be identifying cost reduction strategies, including developing risk mitigation strategies such as operational locks vs. financial hedging, as well as leading projects with engineering.
- Within 90 days, the Commodities Manager will be enacting agreements with vendors, continuing to identify cost mitigation and reduction strategies, and conducting derivative trades.
- Developed resin and natural rubber commodity management strategies to mitigate impacts of market volatility and improve material cost structure.
- Working understanding of resin technical specifications, and how to substitute different inputs and manufacturing processes to achieve improved total landed costs.
- Positive attitude, ethics, and values which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture.
- Negotiating experience (preferably in the commodities markets).
- Project/program management experience.
- Knowledge of key elements associated with creation / administration of contracts.
- Ability to analyze product costs and understand underlying cost drivers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Economics, or Finance is preferred.
- Advanced degree, MBA preferred.
- Technical and/or business understanding of raw materials.
- Ability to take responsibility for multiple projects to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, communicate, and implement short and long-term strategies for commodities, components, and services.
- Experience in effectively managing both internal and external relationships with cross-functional groups and suppliers.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Ability to prepare and deliver business presentations to individuals and groups.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
· Bachelor's Degree
· MBA preferred
Candidates should have at least 6 years experience in the areas of data analysis, finance, purchasing, or economics.
Travel 10%. May include overseas travel.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.)
Submit resume for consideration to Nicholas Wion at email@example.com.