Purchasing Program Manager, Melrose Park, IL
Agile1 is recruiting a Purchasing Program Manager (PPM) for one our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Purchasing Program Manager manages all purchasing activities with respect to assigned product development programs to ensure that business objectives are met. The PPM represents purchasing on a cross-functional program team and facilitates overall sourcing, quoting, target cost, tooling, logistics, packaging, supplier quality, and supplier readiness. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage purchasing requirements for product implementation and program launches.
- Assurance of supplier capability to meet program objectives along with achieving strategic sourcing, target costs, tooling goals, and supplier readiness.
- Purchasing liaison to Quality, Service Parts, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of Purchasing experience
- At least 4 years of Engineering, Program or Project Management experience
· Ability to travel approximately 20%
· Experience in program/project management and manufacturing
- Positive Attitude, Ethics, and International Values which support our company's values and a healthy, high performance culture.
- Ability to analyze Product Costs and understand underlying cost drivers
- Familiarity with truck and/or engine components
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Fluent in Office software and comfortable working in multiple systems
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.)
Submit resume for consideration to Nicholas Wion at firstname.lastname@example.org.