1. AGENDA FOR TUESDAY, 2/15/11:
0700-0800: OPEN FORUM
We'll cover some routine business first, then go to roundtable introductions and discussion on items of interest, with particular focus on any networking needs.
2. UPCOMING TUESDAY PROGRAMS:
2/12/11: TBD/Open Forum.
3. JOB OPPORTUNITY - Technical Services Engineer (Stamford, CT):
Thanks to BizNet member Sean McCloskey (USNA '78) for passing along this job opening at the company where he works - Protegrity. If interested in this position, please contact Paul Valenti at email@example.com or 203-428-4528.
Technical Services Engineer
Protegrity is the world's most recognized and trusted solutions provider for data security. Protegrity is the leader in the data security space. Protegrity is the innovation leader in data security. Protegrity has a very strong reoccurring customer base with many on the Fortune 1000 world-wide list. If you want to be part of a high growth, innovator, yet established in the marketplace software company, where you can have immediate and a large impact – then Protegrity is the company for you.
Protegrity’s mission is to protect the most valuable assets that a company has: its data -- from acquisition to deletion. We are committed to supplying security software products and services that provide reliability, functionality and performance. Protegrity Data Protection System (DPS) continuously safeguards sensitive information throughout its lifecycle with patented database encryption, file encryption, and application encryption as well as integrated data security key management. Incorporation of strong encryption algorithms like 3DES and AES ensures support of widely accepted, industry standards. Patented key management, handled in Protegrity Enterprise Security Administrator, delivers centralized, secure key creation,
Protegrity's customers are assured that our privacy solutions will not only protect vital information assets, but also enhance corporate performance.
Provide in-depth Protegrity product technical resources and expertise to other Service units, prospects, customers and partners to insure customer’s delight with Protegrity’s solutions.
The Technical Services Engineer is a key player in an exciting, customer interfacing role that couples technical and client relationship skills to help sell, successfully implement and support our product offerings for Protegrity’s prospects and customers. The Technical Services Engineer will perform the technical implementation, support and necessary application configuration and development. The Technical Services Engineer will assist Solution Architects in the Sales Department with Sales Engineer type functions. The Technical Services Engineer will be a conduit of customer information to the R&D and Product Management teams.The Technical Services Engineer is part of the Technical Services team.
The primary goal of this position is to provide in-depth Protegrity product technical expertise to other prospects, customers and partners to insure customer’s delight with Protegrity’s solutions. This will be done by successfully and expertly delivering the in-depth technical work on Protegrity product support cases, implementations, demos, proof of concepts, proofs of technology, pilots, product programming work in our rapid development team, upgrades, and trainings.
The Technical Services team is comprised to support the following business units and/or perform these roles:
2. Sales Engineering
5. RDG (Rapid Development Group)
The Technical Services Engineer will be expected to provide knowledge, expertise and credentials that clearly establish credibility among our existing and potential customers. The Technical Services Engineer will:
• Take part in the implementation of Protegrity’s solutions. This will involve Protegrity and third party product (i.e. databases, operating systems, web services, networking, etc.) configuration and some development.
• Provide technical support to the customer.
• Consult and assist customer with fine-tuning Protegrity solution functionality and service optimization to meet customer’s business objectives.
• Provide technical training to the customer technical staff.
• Provide on-site support to customer during the testing and go-live phases to ensure a successful deployment.
• Assist the Solution Architect to translate the customer requirements into a working solution.
• Achieve service targets
• Manage work flow priorities
• Maintain high visibility with our prospects and customers
• Provide thought leadership externally and within the organization
• Demonstrate superb customer relation skills
• Effectively and efficiently multi-task, prioritize and organize
• Maintain a dynamic upbeat presence with our customers and fellow team mates.
• Provide excellent documentation (time cards, support cases, SOWs, POC plans, etc.)
• Write and present documentation and reports in a clear and concise manner
• Perform other tasks and responsibilities as applicable
• Travel required (up to 50%)
Example of programming work done within the Technical Services team:
• Oracle, Teradata, SQL, DB2 database configuration and programming on Unix and Windows systems
• Customer specific enhancements
• Customer specific issue resolutions
• New functionality in our products
• Performance Improvements
• New technologies
• Completing coverage of existing code across platforms and databases
Example of programming languages you may work with:
• Willing and able to go the extra mile to delight customers
• Experience and excellent skills with databases (Teradata or Oracle or SQL Server or DB/2)
• Windows and Unix OS experience
• Exceptionally strong and tenacious problem solving and analytical skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with diverse personalities
• Strong business acumen
• Customer orientation and presence
• Understanding of the role of technology in solving business issues and improving ROI
• High sense of urgency
• At least 5 years of documented experience programming using C/C++
• Previous service experience
• Previous security or security product experience
• Previous sales engineer experience
• Experience with PCI, HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley and/or California 1386.
• CISSP certification
• BS in Computer Science preferred
Stamford, CT Headquarters
No relocation available
Director, Technical Services
Director, Technical Services
Have a great week.
Service Academy BizNet of Denver meets weekly on Tuesdays at 0700 in the Marriott Hotel at the Denver Tech Center. From I-25, exit Belleview east, then north on Syracuse Street. The Marriott lots are paid parking (approx $2-4), but you can park for FREE across the street at Garcia's Restaurant (we have their permission). Look for us in the seating area inside the Marriott's coffee shop. RSVP is not required. Dress is casual. Attendance is open to graduates of the federal service academies (USAFA, USCGA, USMA, USMMA, USNA). Our schedule, roster and other information are posted on the web site at www.academybiznet.org