Supplier Development Manager, Warrenville, IL
Agile1 is recruiting a Supplier Development Manager for one of our clients in the automotive defense field. Our company leverages its commercial truck and engine engineering capability, manufacturing expertise and global supply network to provide cost-effective design, production, and fleet support solutions to the military. These capabilities allow our client to adapt and sustain its vehicles to meet the changing threats and requirements faced by the Armed Forces.
The Supplier Development Manager is responsible for managing strategic business relationships that require significant leadership in affecting a total approach to continuous improvement in supplier quality, cost, and technology and component systems. Manages within corporate supplier quality system standards and a Product Quality Planning process that facilitates sourcing and development decisions for personnel from Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, and Supplier Quality. Decisions impact over 75% of the dollar value of manufacturing costs. Provides leadership and guidance to functional organizations and suppliers to directly impact the quality of products purchased and produced to and for the company through the supplier assessment process.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business
- At least 5 years of quality experience
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Positive attitude, and ethics which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture
- Effective working knowledge of quality tools and concepts such as; QS-9000, APQP, PPAP, MSA (GD&T) and SPC (statistics) manuals and manufacturing process (lean manufacturing), with ability to teach and facilitate these tools and concepts to suppliers and using facilities
- Quality Certifications (CQE, CQA, CQM, etc.) per American Society of Quality (ASQ) or equivalent quality related postgraduate degree and experience and/or demonstrated performance
- Communication and interpersonal savvy
- Conflict resolution
- Customer Focus
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Fluent in Office software and comfortable working in multiple systems
Submit resume for consideration to Nicholas Wion at firstname.lastname@example.org.