Thursday, February 2, 2017

Interviewing: Responding To, 'So, Tell Me About Yourself'

A good article, hope it helps someone...:

From Forbes, by Jay Sullivan 

I have two kids in college and two recent graduates. If their early work life is like mine, every few years they’ll be changing jobs or even careers. When you’re in your 20s, it’s always "interview season." Even later in life we’re occasionally asked to explain our career arc to others when speaking on a panel or starting a presentation. How can you best respond to that question, "So, tell me about yourself?"
Let’s say I’m interviewing you for a job. If I’ve done my job well, I have read your resume and made some notes about your work history. I’m ready to ask some pointed questions to find out if you have the skill set to perform the job in question. If I start the conversation with, "Tell me about yourself," I’m trying to see how you view yourself. Wherever you start reflects your sense of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment